Here are 10 ways to make your Thanksgiving Day a little healthier. Do at least 3 of these and I’ll be very thankful!
- Eat a healthy breakfast on Thanksgiving morning (it prevents overeating later.)
- Get some exercise.
- Be the slowest eater at the table. Set your fork down between every bite of food.
- Drink lots of water the whole day through and have small snacks when you get hungry.
- Eat your turkey and healthiest veggies first, before you eat the stuffing, potatoes, etc.
- Go for a walk after dinner (it helps prevent your blood sugar from rising too high too fast.)
- Remember the 3-bite rule: 90% of the flavor is in the first 3 bites. That means you don’t need a huge slice of pie!
- Give away the most unhealthy leftovers.
- Have healthy meals and a good workout planned for the day after Thanksgiving (to get right back on track).
- Take a moment to be thankful and to enjoy your family and friends (I’m not being sentimental–research shows that this can improve your health!)
Have a very happy Thanksgiving!