Here are some ideas for non-fattening ways to enjoy an evening out because the customary “stuff and sit” outings–where you overeat and then let it all turn to fat as you watch a show–lead to regret on Monday morning!
- Go dancing or take dance lessons
- Go for a hike
- Have a healthy picnic and play frisbee
- Get spa treatments together
- Have a Shabu Shabu or broth fondue dinner at home or at your favorite Shabu restaurant
- Go ice skating or rollerskating (Moonlight Roller Rink in Burbank has themed music nights and evenings reserved for skaters over 30)
- Play mini-golf
- Take a yoga or pilates class
- Enjoy a messy meal pulling fresh crab or lobster out of its shell (no butter sauce!)
- For the truly adventurous…take trapeze lessons! There is a circus school in Hollywood where anybody can learn.
Consider making these part of your weekend routine and please share your favorite healthy activities that I failed to mention!