Thanksgiving is one of the easier holidays to keep healthy, so long as you plan ahead. Here are some festive, delicious, healthier menu ideas:
- Toasted pumpkin seeds, sprinkled on a salad, perhaps with pomegranate seeds or sliced pear and lowfat feta cheese
- Steamed green beans with garlic, toasted sesame oil, tamari sauce and toasted sesame seeds
- Baked yams, purple yams, or sweet potatoes with cinnamon (no sugar needed for those with un-blitzed taste buds)
- Roasted squash with warm curry spices and a splash of coconut milk
- Mashed faux-tatoes (steamed cauliflower) with herbs, spices, garlic, onion, olive oil or whatever you like
- Slow-roasted Brussels sprouts with a bit of butter and parmesan or (for vegans) avocado oil and nutritional yeast sprinkled on top
- Slow-roasted veggies with herbs, like zucchini, yellow squash, onions, mushrooms, fennel, cauliflower, garlic, carrots, tomatoes, bell peppers, eggplant
- Soup, full of autumn veggies and broth, or made from turkey leftovers
- Toasted spiced pecans, perhaps served over berries
- Pumpkin cream, made with almond milk, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg (if your tastebuds are sensitive, this will be a very sweet treat, even without added sweetener)
AND we know you have lots of great ideas, too. We’d love to hear ’em!
Have a very happy Thanksgiving and please know how thankful we are to be connected with you.